Homepage of Vera L. te Velde
Vera L. te Velde
Work in Progress
- Guile (with Lionel Page)
- What if everyone did that? The role of marginal thinking in moral reasoning (with Winnifred Louis)
- Motivated moral reasoning (with Joël van der Weele)
- Beliefs-based altruism, self-image, and social image (with Ulrike Malmendier)
- Measuring heterogeneous personal norms
- How does social pressure affect choices when people disagree? Evidence from the lab
- Beliefs-based altruism as an alternative explanation for social signaling behaviors, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, August 2018.
- Individual altruistic choice and attitude data from Amazon's Mechanical Turk, 2018, Data In Brief.
- "You've earned it: Combining field and lab experiments to estimate the impact of human capital on social preferences" (with Pamela Jakiela and Edward Miguel), Experimental Economics September 2015.
- "Rethinking Reciprocity" (with Ulrike Malmendier and Roberto Weber), Annual Review of Economics August 2014.
- "Dynamic pricing with constant demand elasticity" (with Preston McAfee), Production and Operations Management July-August 2008.
- "Dynamic pricing in the airline industry" (with Preston McAfee), Handbook on Economics and Information Systems, Volume 1 2007.
- "An analysis of solar-cycle temporal relationships among activity indicators" (with Kurt Bachmann, Hossain Maymani, and Kirtan Nautiyal), Advances in Space Science 34(2), 2004.